Executive Officer: Dr Kabilan Krishnasamy, Academic Secretary
Professor David Sadler
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Education)
The Education Committee is a standing committee of the Academic Council and is chaired by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Education).
Its role is to advise and make recommendations to the Academic Council and/or other University bodies or officers, as appropriate on policy and strategic matters relating to the education portfolio.
Role and Responsibilities
The role of the Committee is established by its Constitution.
Meetings commence at 10am, unless notified otherwise, and last approximately two hours.
Cut-off date for receipt of agenda items is 2 weeks before the meeting.
|2021 Meeting dates||Cut-off dates for receipt of agenda items||Venue|
|Monday 22 February||Monday 8 February||Senate Room|
|Tuesday 19 April||Monday 5 April||Senate Room|
|Monday 14 June||Monday 31 May||Senate Room|
|Tuesday 12 July||Monday 28 June||Senate Room|
|Monday 13 September||Monday 30 August||Senate Room|
|Monday 8 November||Monday 25 October||Senate Room|
Agenda and Minutes
Members are encouraged to familiarise themselves with the Education Committee induction information
, and use this as a resource during their term of appointment.
- Professor David Sadler, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Education)
- Professor Graham Brown, Pro Vice-chancellor (Academic)
- Professor Ray da Silva Rosa, Chair of the Academic Board
- Professor Imelda Whelehan, Dean of the Graduate Research School
- Professor Phil Hancock, Nominee of the Executive Dean, Faculty of Arts, Business, Law and Education
- Professor John Dell, Executive Dean, Faculty of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences
- Professor Jon Watson, Executive Dean, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
- Associate Professor Peter Hammond, Nominee of the Executive Dean, Faculty of Science
- Professor Jill Milroy, Pro Vice-Chancellor, Indigenous Education
- Ms Jill Benn, University Librarian
- Ms Bre Shanahan, President of the Guild
- Mr Rahul Kumar MS, President of the PSA
- Professor Colleen Fisher, (Academic Board appointee)
- Dr Elizabeth Pritchard, (Academic Board appointee)
- Dr Kate Hislop, (Co-opted member)
- Dr Nin Kirkham, (Co-opted member)
- Mr Chris Massey, (Standing Invitee)