Video has become ubiquitous in many of our lives; we consume it through our devices and we engage with it daily on an educational and entertainment basis. Now, UWA students and staff have their own facility: the Creator Space, a purpose-built media recording studio to record video and audio.
- The easy-to-use touchscreen system enables all users to use the facility with ease. For more information, see the video resources below.
- Record directly to your USB drive.
- Utilise the green screen to overlay images and other content in post-production.
- Use the online booking system to secure your spot here.
- Access the space using your UWA campus card, Monday to Friday, 8am – 5pm.
- Located in the Physics building.
Booking the Creator SpaceThe Creator Space is available between 8:00am and 5:00pm, Monday to Friday for a maximum of 1 hour per booking.link.
Access and Egress for Students with DisabilityIf you have mobility or sensory access requirements, please contact a UniAccess Disability Officer to discuss your needs - call 6488 2423 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When using this space, we encourage you to consider any specific assistance you might require in the event of an emergency evacuation. The Disability Officer can help you develop a Personal Emergency Evacuation Plan if necessary. More information about emergency procedures is available here.
Before Your Booking
In order to use the Creator Space, you’ll need to bring along a USB drive with at least 200MB of free space. The USB drive will need to be in either FAT or FAT32 format. Please note: the system will not recognise external hard drives.
We recommend that you use a blank USB drive for every booking to reduce the risk of losing important files. The Centre for Education Futures bears no responsibility for lost data.
The amount of space you’ll need on your USB drive depends on the type and length of recording you are doing. You can use the following table for an indication of USB space required:
|Length of Recording||Audio||Video|